The Canadian Cowboys Association is proud to once again have two qualifying rodeo tours for the 2017 CCA Finals! The winners of each Tour in each of the 7 major events will earn the 11th and 12th qualifying spots to the CCA Finals in Swift Current this October. The ground rules and a list of the rodeos included in the Tours can be found below…
1. Timed Event contestants must enter and compete in 12 of the rodeos from the tour (East or West) in their event to be eligible for a qualifying spot at the CCA Finals. Rough Stock competitors must enter and compete at 10 of the rodeos to be eligible for a qualifying spot at the CCA Finals.
2. If the contestant is all-ready qualified within the top ten standings of their event, then the next eligible contestant outside the top ten in the tour standings will be awarded the finals qualification through the tour.
3. A contestant cannot use tour rodeos from the east to count towards the west or rodeos from the western tour to count for the eastern tour.
4. If a contestant happens to be the qualifying contestant from both tours the tour in which they earned the highest point total in will be the tour they qualify to the finals through. If the contestant earned the same amount of points in each tour then the tour in which they earned the most money in will determine the tour they qualify through (east or west).
5. In the case of a tie for points within the tour standings, the finals qualification will be awarded to the contestant with the highest money earnings in the regular CCA Standings.
6. Points will be awarded from 1st to 8th at each of the tour rodeos regardless of money added or placings paid. The point structure will be as follows: 1st= 80 points, 2nd=70, 3rd= 60, 4th= 50, 5th=40, 6th=30. 7th=20, 8th=10
7. Points will only be awarded when there is a placing paid out to a competitor (no ground splits). Placings resulting in a tie at tour rodeos will result in points being divided in the same manner as the payouts for a tie at CCA sanctioned rodeos.
8. Team Roping:
A. Only the ropers entered on entry day in the Team Roping Event are eligible for points towards the tour standings.
B. Ropers that qualify through the tours must rope together at the CCA Finals Rodeo.
Peavey Mart Western Tour
1. North Battleford, SK
2. Unity, SK – Western Days
3. Mankota, SK
4. Eston, SK
5. Stettler, AB – Steel Wheel
6. Warman, SK – Diamond Rodeo
7. Lancer, SK – Sandhill Rodeo
8. Coutts, AB – Couttsgrass Rodeo
9. Arrowwood, AB – Ag Society Rodeo
10. Wood Mountain SK
11. Shaunavon, SK – Boomtown Days Stampede
12. Herbert, SK
13. Kyle, SK
14. Consul, SK – Reno Rodeo
15. Val Marie, SK – Bob Larson Memorial
16. Beechy, SK
Peavey Mart Eastern Tour
1. Yorkton, SK – New Holland Rodeo
2. Tisdale, SK – Rambler Rodeo
3. Pierson, MB
4. Saskatoon Spring rodeo
5. Pilot Butte, SK
6. Radville, SK – Long Creek Rodeo
7. Weyburn, SK – Souris River Rodeo
8. Moosomin, SK
9. Kelliher, SK – Carlton Trail Rodeo
10. Austin, MB – Manitoba Threshermens
11. Swan River, MB – Northwest Roundup
12. Whitewood, SK – Chacachas Rodeo
13. Estevan, SK
14. Kamsack, SK
15. Wapella, SK – Dodge City Days Rodeo