The Canadian Cowboys Association is proud to once again have Peavey Mart sponsor two qualifying rodeo tours for the 2018 CCA Finals! The winners of each Tour in each of the 7 major events will earn the 11th and 12th qualifying spots to the CCA Finals in Swift Current this October. The ground rules and a list of the rodeos included in the Tours can be found below…
1. Timed Event contestants must enter and compete in 10 of the rodeos from the tour (East or West) in their event to be eligible for a qualifying spot at the CCA Finals. Rough Stock competitors must enter and compete at 10 of the rodeos to be eligible for a qualifying spot at the CCA Finals.
- If the contestant is all-ready qualified within the top ten standings of their event, then the next eligible contestant outside the top ten in the tour standings will be awarded the finals qualification through the tour.
- A contestant cannot use tour rodeos from the east to count towards the west or rodeos from the western tour to count for the eastern tour.
- If a contestant happens to be the qualifying contestant from both tours the tour in which they earned the highest point total in will be the tour they qualify to the finals through. If the contestant earned the same amount of points in each tour then the tour in which they earned the most money in will determine the tour they qualify through (east or west).
- In the case of a tie for points within the tour standings, the finals qualification will be awarded to the contestant with the highest money earnings in the regular CCA Standings.
- Points will be awarded from 1st to 8th at each of the tour rodeos regardless of money added or placings paid. The point structure will be as follows: 1st= 80 points, 2nd=70, 3rd= 60, 4th= 50, 5th=40, 6th=30. 7th=20, 8th=10
- Points will only be awarded when there is a placing paid out to a competitor (no ground splits). Placings resulting in a tie at tour rodeos will result in points being divided in the same manner as the payouts for a tie at CCA sanctioned rodeos.
- Team Roping:
- Only the ropers entered on entry day in the Team Roping Event are eligible for points towards the tour standings.
- Ropers that qualify through the tours must rope together at the CCA Finals Rodeo.
Peavey Mart East Tour
|#||Location and Rodeo Name||Date|
|1||Yorkton, SK – New Holland Rodeo||November 3th & 4th, 2017|
|2||Tisdale, SK – Rambler Rodeo||April 6 & 7|
|3||Warman, SK||June 8, 9,&10|
|4||Pilot Butte, SK||June 15,16 & 17|
|5||Radville, SK – Long Creek Rodeo||June 16 & 17|
|6||Weyburn, SK – Souris River Rodeo||July 6 & 7|
|7||Moosomin, SK||July 6 & 7|
|8||Kelliher, SK – Carlton Trail Rodeo||July 7 & 8|
|9||Austin, MB – Manitoba Threshermens||July 26,27,28 & 29|
|10||Swan River, MB – Northwest Roundup||July 27,28 & 29|
|11||Whitewood, SK – Chacachas Rodeo||August 10 & 11|
|12||Estevan, SK||August 31 & Sept. 1|
|13||Wapella, SK – Dodge City Days Rodeo||October 5 & 6|
Peavey Mart West Tour
|#||Location & Rodeo Name||Date|
|1||Mankota, SK||May 25 & 26|
|2||Unity, SK – Western Days||June 2 & 3|
|4||Stettler, AB – Steel Wheel||June 8 & 9|
|6||Lancer, SK – Sandhill Rodeo||June 9 & 10|
|7||Coutts, AB – Couttsgrass Rodeo||June 15, 16 & 17|
|3||Eston, SK||June 22 & 23|
|5||Maple Creek, SK||June 23 & 24|
|8||Arrowwood, AB – Ag Society Rodeo||June 29, 30 & July 1|
|9||Shaunavon, SK – Boomtown Days Stampede||July 20 & 21|
|11||Consul, SK – Reno Rodeo||August 4 & 5|
|10||Kyle, SK||August 11 &12|
|12||Val Marie, SK – Bob Larson Memorial||September 14 & 15|
|13||Beechy, SK||September 21, 22 & 23|