Canadian Cowboys Association

For any questions that you cannot find on this page, please refer to the rulebook or contact one of the Board of Directors. You can also reach out to the office at


· How do I become a member of the Canadian Cowboys Association?

To apply for a CCA Membership you can print and complete the membership form found on our website under the “Forms” tab

· Where do I send my completed membership form so I can enter CCA rodeos?

You can submit your completed form by fax (306) 721 2701, by mail: Canadian Cowboys Association, Box 1027, Regina, SK S4P 3B2 or by email

· How long will it be to process my membership?

Once reviewed, it usually takes about 1 week to process and send your membership card to you. If you are under 18 you must have your parents or guardians signature on the form.

· What do I need to send with my membership application?

A photo of you wearing a cowboy hat and a button down shirt, the completed membership form (including the waiver) and a cheque or your credit card information (you are also able to pay by etransfer). You should also send us a void cheque or your banking information so we can set you up for direct deposit. This can be faxed, emailed or mailed.

· What is a membership card and what is it used for?

Your digital membership card contains your membership number, photo and what type of member you are (senior, junior, permit etc.). This card gets you into the rodeo. On the card are the phone numbers for the entry line, callback line, and turn out line. Membership cards expires at the end of each year.

· Do I get a companion pass with my membership card?

Companion passes can be purchased at the time you submit your membership application and are available to anyone purchasing a membership except for non-contestant and permit memberships (limit of one per member). Companions must submit a photo for their card. It can be faxed, emailed or mailed. The companion pass holder may enter a rodeo as a spectator for that rodeo season. The pass is not transferable.

· Do I have a deadline to purchase my membership card?

Your membership must be processed by 4 p.m. on the Friday prior to Monday entries. If entries are taken on another day than Monday, the membership must be processed by 4 p.m. on the business day before entries close. Competing memberships may be processed on the day of entry at an additional charge of $100.00 to the member.

· What types of memberships do you offer?

We offer Senior, Junior, Novice, Permit, Stock Contractor, Contract Personnel and Non-Contestant memberships.

· What is a Permit Membership?

Anyone can hold a Permit membership and may enter any CCA rodeo until he/she has won a total of $1,000.00 in the current year or $2,000.00 cumulative. Once a permit holder has achieved this total monies won, he/she will be required to purchase a full CCA membership. Permit standings are kept and the top permit holder at year end will receive an award for top spot. A contestant cannot make CCA finals with a permit card. Permits may or may not be accepted at a rodeo it is at the discretion of the sponsoring committee and/or the stock contractor. Refer to the entry information on our website to see which rodeos will accept permits.

· Are there age limits for a membership card or local entry with the CCA or to compete at any of your rodeos?

Anyone under the age of 18 as of January 1 of the current year, will have to have their parents or guardian sign the membership application and/or a local release form. Junior Contestants must be 15 years and under as of January 1 of the current year. Novice Contestants must be 16 years and older as of January 1 of the current year.

· How do I enter a rodeo?

The entry information for each rodeo is be posted on the CCA website under Rodeo Information. Contestants entering a particular rodeo must have a valid membership card. If you have fines, are on the CCA suspended list or any other associations suspended list, you will not be permitted to enter a CCA approved rodeo until the fines are cleared. Online entries are available by accessing the link CCA RIDE. Using this option allows members to enter rodeos 4 to 5 days in advance of entry day.

· How do I pay my fines?

Online or by calling the CCA office on or before the Friday before the day of entries for the rodeo, you are wanting to enter. Turn out fines may be paid on the same day as entries but an Administration fee will be added.

· Can I enter as a Local?

Yes you can enter one rodeo per season as a local. Local entries will close the same day as member entries (check entry information for each rodeo for variance) and you must call the local entry phone number to enter. Locals may be entered by a member in good standing. Locals are not allowed to buddy, but may be a team roping partner to either member or another local.

· Where do I go to check the draw?

On the CCA website under draw. Callback’s are from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. the Thursday after entry day. Only call the office if there is an error or you were missed. Once the draw is posted as official the office cannot change it. If you find that you need to make a change after that, you will have to call the Stock Contractor to request a move or find another contestant to trade with.

· What happens if I enter a rodeo and turn out?

You must call the turn out line no later than 11 a.m. of the day you are scheduled to compete 306-721-2705.

· What if I get sick or injured or my horse isn’t able to enter because of injury?

If you are injured and unable to participate in a rodeo, you may medical release from those events. Vet releases may only be used for the Barrel Racing events. Please refer to the rulebook with the specific criteria for deadlines, fines, etc.

· What if it the weather is bad and we are unable to participate in our event?

If a rodeo performance is cancelled due to weather, entry fees will be waived, but administration fees will still have to be paid for all contestants who were drawn for that performance. You will have 30 days to pay the administration fee for the cancelled performance before you become ineligible and are placed on the suspended list.

· What times can I reach your office?

The Canadian Cowboys Association office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily. We are closed on Statutory Holidays and weekends.

· What if I have more questions?

You may go to our website any time, or you can call the CCA office during business hours 306-721-2700.